Tuesday 21 April 2009

Up and Running

At Last - I have my website up and running and started to get some data onto the net. The aim of my site is to find some of the free resources that are available and make them available to everybody. For example there are many transcripts available of parish registers - you just have to know where to look.

The time consuming part is trawling through all those pdf's to determine if it's what you want, and if it's old, what the heck it all means - certainly some of the spellings can vary wildly depending upon who was filling out the registers, and many people didn't know how to spell their own surnames anyway!

Anyway - I invite you to have a look at my site and tell me what you would like to see there. Also please feel free to ask for a search as I am happy to conduct basic look ups for free - so long as there aren't too many.

My main site can be found at http://www.yorkgen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment